thoughts of my honeydew

posted on: Tuesday, July 10, 2012

392198_10150391598473713_1054747389_n

Hi, I’m Kait, and I’m bossy, so very opinionated and I usually have the attention span of a nine-year old. I start projects and I don’t finish them, I’m not so good at budgeting and I like most things done MY way. My emotions usually rule me and if that’s not already dangerous enough, one week out of every month I’m literally an emotional and hormonal train wreck. During that week I’m grouchy for no reason and I’m mean. I really hate to admit that, but it’s true. I can get really mean. It’s like this little monster inside of me quietly sleeps for three whole weeks only to be awoken on the fourth week angry, hungry and ready to devour every happy thought that has ever existed. And I’m telling you right now, this monster HATES opinions, failed budgets and unfinished projects which is pretty much what I happen to be made of. My home serves as a battleground during this time and it’s never a pretty sight.

Then there’s my Honeybuns. He’s like the most even-tempered, level-headed and logical person I know. This never changes. All month long, every single week and each day, Honey stays mellow and calm. He thinks clearly with that smart brain of his, he works hard and he finishes what he starts, or in most cases, what I started. He’s a stranger to the snooze button, which doesn’t make an ounce of sense to me, and his dirty laundry basket is NEVER overflowing, another one of those ideas that makes me go cross-eyed. There are nights I’ve literally lost sleep wondering how he puts up with me. He does it though, and he manages to put up with me all while letting me know that I’m still loved. Even on my craziest of crazy days, the days when there is absolutely nothing to like about me and the “beast” is on a rampage, I know that my Honeylove looks past the flames spouting from my ears and he sees something good. I just might be the luckiest girl when it comes to my 6’ 5” hunk of delicious mancake. Really. I just might be. On a side note, I don’t doubt that there are moments when illusions of my face appear on his Call of Duty: Modern Warfare screen, but hey, if that’s what he’s got to do every once in a while to ‘battle’ my beast, I’m cool with it and I really don’t blame him.

Perhaps balance helps keep us strong. I bring a heavy dose of insanity to the table and Honey counteracts that with an even heavier dose of sanity, and it works. It works quite well actually.

Today, I woke to a kiss on the forehead as he got ready to leave for work. It’s a comforting thing, that kiss on the forehead is, and sometimes I forget how much I love that sweet gesture. Most mornings, I just roll over and go back to sleep once he’s gone, but today I reveled in the moment a bit and enjoyed the feeling of being honestly and truly in love with a good man who loves me right back, crazy and all. And I’ll tell ya, it did a better job at cheerfully waking me up than any strong cup of coffee and it was waaay more fulfilling than any finished project or successful budget plan.

4 comments:

  1. sooooo reminds me of my guy and I:-) a balancing act, for sure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a balancing act! I'm just glad I picked someone with some good sense!

      Delete
  2. Okay, I'm seriously stalking your blog lately... Forgive my creeper ways please! This post, so sweet. I love hearing that I'm not the only crazy girl out there with a sweet tempered, level headed hubby. Sometimes the sweetness can drive you even more crazy, right? (Or maybe that's just me.) Anyway going to stop stalking you now! Have a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, you are the cutest thing ever. And guess what? I totally stalk you too. xoxo

      Delete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger