Tracy Aviary

posted on: Monday, May 6, 2013

IMG_7527
We celebrated the true arrival of spring (knock on wood) by wandering about the new and improved Tracy Aviary at Liberty Park. As the pictures will prove, it was pretty darn fascinating and holy moly there are some really beautiful (and not-so-beautiful) birds in the world. My favorites were the ever-so-graceful cranes, the colorful and active peacocks and the owls. Oh the owls. When that great horned owl looked straight into my eyes I swear it pierced a hole right through my soul. Those eyes!

For only $7 admission, I highly recommend meandering about the Tracy Aviary. The improved exhibits are clean and beautiful and sure to ruffle your feathers!

Visit the Tracy Aviary's website HERE.
    IMG_7297IMG_7356  IMG_7286IMG_7303IMG_7305IMG_7407IMG_7328 IMG_7481IMG_7423IMG_7435IMG_7495 IMG_7517IMG_7499IMG_7387

5 comments:

  1. I'm a volunteer in the Horticulture group at the Aviary; I love to see the changes from week to week. Did you see the sandhill cranes' nest and eggs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed the nest and eggs! I loooved the cranes. They were so beautiful. Another excuse to go back soon!

      Delete
  2. Such good photos! I love the one of the rare bird sneaking up behind the peacock with a massive wing span - almost as beautiful as the rare black eagle. What kind of bird is that?! Can't wait to go! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of one of Salt Lake City's hidden treasures!

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger