Liebster Award

posted on: Tuesday, May 28, 2013

First things first, I have never won anything. In my life. Ever. I’ve also never been nominated to win anything which might play a part in the fact that I’ve never been a winner which makes this post just that much more awesome because for the first time ever I’ve been nominated AND I’m a winner. I don’t really know how it all works but who cares about the details?! I’m a winner! We’re all winners! Whaaaat?! It’s true! Allison over at The Bauble Dept. nominated me for the Liebster Award, which in all honesty I know nothing about other than it has a cool name and everyone’s a winner and oddly enough it makes me crave seafood, but the fact of the matter is, she nominated me because she’s great and she thinks I’m okay too. You’ve made me a winner, Allison. A real, true, champion winner. Thank you!

So to keep with the tradition of this Liebster Award, which come to find out is an award given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (Liebster in German means: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome or something like that, so I mean, not bad, right?!),  I must follow these rules:

-Acknowledge the blog that nominated you in a post.
-Share 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created.
-Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition.
-Post 11 questions for them to answer.
-Notify all the bloggers selected that they have been nominated.
-And finally, you can't nominate the blog who nominated you.

Easy enough, yea? I know, maybe it’s not as easy as I thought too. But hey, I’ve never won anything before so by gosh I am going to do this! Ready? Okay. Here we go…

Joes Valley

Pictures from our time in Joe’s Valley over the weekend.

11 (not-very-interesting) Facts About Me:

1. I am a lyrical database. I know the words to every song, even songs I didn’t know I know the words to.

2. I whistle by sucking air in not blowing air out.

3. I like ketchup with my eggs.

4. I attended an all-girls school in Auckland, New Zealand during the first part of high school.

5. I like to fish as long as I don’t catch anything.

6. I was Mulan in my Jr. high school show choir’s Disney Spectacular production and obviously I’m still turning down musical theatre offers.

7. I saw all but one of the Harry Potter movies at midnight on each of their release dates, lightning bolt on my forehead and all.

8. I sincerely considered joining the Armed Forces after high school. And then I tried running a mile and I threw up. Boot camp would’ve killed me.

9. I want three children. And I want my mom to raise them because she’ll be better at it (kidding, Mom, I just want you nearby to babysit and potty train).

10. I still don’t understand Twitter and it’s been years now. Help, someone?

11. I don’t like to wear makeup before noon. Eyeliner is a terrible idea when you’re prone to puffy eyes and still half asleep.

Grassy Lake

 

11 Questions for Me:

1. What is your favorite thing about yourself (physical or otherwise)?
I have strong, thick, fast-growing fingernails. My hair grows pretty quickly too (grey hairs and all!)


2. What country is at the top of your "must visit" list?
Can I pick a continent instead, because Europe, duh. But really, just ONE country? Fine, Spain. I’m dying to visit “Barthelona”.


3. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?
I wished with all my heart throughout Jr. High School that my parents had named me KeaLani because it’s lovely, right? As I’ve grown older, my own name has become more and more endearing and I’m perfectly happy being Kaitlyn. I mean in the year 2000 it was the 30th most popular name in America so, you know.


4. Salty or sweet?
Salty AND sweet. Pretzel M&M’s anyone?


5. If you had just one whole day off to do absolutely anything you wanted, what would you do?
Day drink. Is that an acceptable answer? Day drink, on a rock, in the desert, with my boyfriend.


6. How many states (and or countries) have you lived in?
Let’s see: California, South Carolina, Utah and New Zealand.


7. What one song would best describe your life right now?
Geeze, Allison, this one is legitimately hard for me. So to help myself out, I took THIS quiz and let “them” do the deciding. And this is what “they” came up with (I have no idea who “they” are but what a bunch of weirdo's):

 

**Later Note: Everybody gets directed to this ridiculous video so don’t get confused like I did. Continue on! Thanks, Shay!**

My ACTUAL quiz answer is: SONG ABOUT AN ANGEL by Sunny Day Real Estate, because apparently, “You're in love with someone, possibly heartbroken by them. You're trying to make a difficult decision right now, and you're likely filled with pain and emotion.”

That quiz sucks.


8. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
French fries. Oh French fries #pitterpatter


9. If you became rich and famous, what is the one thing you would splurge on?
Just one? A grand Piano. And then an island. I know, you said one, but I had to.


10. What is your all time favorite tv show?
Modern Family. Every week I cry because it really should be a full hour sitcom.


11. Which decade (or century) would you like to have lived in, and why?
The 1920’s, but only if I could be passionately in love with Mr. Gatsby. The Leonardo version.

Joes Valley 2

My Nominees:

*I read every single one of these blogs and these ladies absolutely deserve recognition. They make my life better so, thanks Ladies. Thanks a bunch.*

Christina @ The Murrayed Life
Meg @ Yammering Yankee
Elise @ Everyday Elise
Erika @ ChimERIKAl
Stefani @ Milkshed
Rowena @ Designs by Row
Kayleigh @ The Way I Wanderlust
Katie @ Confessions of a Southern Fashionista
Meghan @ Love Meghan
Laura @ Pieces of Love
Kellie @ The Yuppie Files

Questions for YOU!:

1. If you could spend a day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
2. Where is your ideal place to live?
3. What’s the best decision you ever made?
4. Sky dive or bungee jump?
5. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
6. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you try?
7. Favorite book?
8. What are your favorite family traditions?
9. Favorite recipe? Include a link if you have one. I’m hungry.
10. Mountains or Desert? Because we’d all pick the Ocean, right?
11. Soda or pop?

 

Phew. That was a lot of thinking and typing. Thanks again Allison for letting me play along. And if you too choose to play along, send me a link to your post. I’d love to read your questions and answers!

 



8 comments:

  1. Christina will be all over this.

    This fascinated me.

    But about the quiz, they automatically send you to that rainbow video, YOU MUST GO BACK to find your song. Mine is "Mad World.." I swear I only picked positive answers.

    And I'll be in South Carolina next weekish. So basically, we'll be bonding? who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Thank you! Now I've got to get thinking about my answers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww shuuucks. Thanks Kaitlyn! Way to make a girl blush. :) I will be all over this as SOON as this month is over. I mean, I can only do one prompt a day.

    But as far as the calendar says, we only have three days left. I'm elated with a tear on my face, all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answers! You're right... that song question is hard! I have no idea where that came from, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kaitlyn, I am soooo surprised and happy and honored! Thank you for nominating me!!!!! AHHHH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally should win that award. Just sayin. LOVE THE BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Kaitlyn for nominating me! :) Here's my post with the answers to your questions: http://www.chimerikal.com/2013/06/the-liebster-award.html

    ***
    My reaction to your answers:

    Haha, that is so awesome that you remember the lyrics… I always forget! Even if I've listened to a song a million times… I can only really remember the words if I am singing along.

    WAYYYYY cool about New Zealand! I gotta learn more about that!

    I'm a Harry Potter geek too… I started late and that's one of my biggest regrets in life, haha. I only got to go the midnight release of the last four movies.

    I don't understand Twitter EITHER!!!!! I feel all old or something. Like if I were younger, I would just "GET" it and incorporate it into my life, but I just… I don't know what I'm doing or what to look for!

    Haha… I like the Spanish accent you have on "Barthelona." I hope you have a better time in Spain than I did (actually that's probably guaranteed). I LOOOOOOVE Europe, though! :)

    Oooh, where in California did you live???

    I haven't gotten into Modern Family yet, but I really should because from what I have seen, I feel like I would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't whistle at all. By blowing in or out - my husband makes fun of me constantly.

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger