a case of yellow fever

posted on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012

IMG_3846 (2)

I’m back from camping and I've got the mosquito bites to prove it. A small price to pay, if you ask me. Our long weekend in Yellowstone National Park was nothing short of amazing. We covered the entire park in a matter of days, saw at least a dozen bears including a handful of bear cubs (and let me just tell you, those sweet little fur balls look like they’re practically begging you to pick them up and give them a good cuddle… until you take another look at Mama bear and remember she’d have no hesitation plucking your arms right off your body, eek), we wandered around bubbling geysers and steaming geothermal features, counted bison like stars in the sky and hiked to the bottom of majestic waterfalls. I swallowed at least 99 bugs because I just couldn’t keep my jaw off the ground, but like I said, it was a small price (and probably good protein).

I’m a sucker for the great outdoors. And nature is kind of a big deal to me, so I was absolutely prepared to fall utterly in love with this place, and sure enough that is exactly what happened. Over and over and over again. Plus I loved being with Honey’s family. Loved it. They sure know how to camp and sightsee. That is a fact. Remember when I told you that Honey’s parents are practically bona fide national tour guides? I wasn’t kidding. We spent full days soaking up every bit of the park that we could, we learned all sorts of interesting facts and history and we made some dang good memories. It was a trip to be remembered and most definitely a trip that will be recreated again and again. Yellowstone, you’ve rejuvenated my soul and stolen my heart with all your beauty and super volcanic-ness.

So if you haven’t been to Yellowstone, go. And if you have, go again. And if you’re just not sure, I’ve got the pictures to persuade you, and you’re going to want to get comfortable for this…

IMG_3236.JPG (2)IMG_3321.JPG (2) IMG_3306.JPG (2) IMG_3314.JPG (2)IMG_3244IMG_3486.JPG (2) IMG_3459.JPG (2) IMG_3446IMG_3578.JPG (2)IMG_3573.JPG (2)IMG_3636.JPG (2) IMG_3677.JPG (2) IMG_3682.JPG (2)IMG_3738.JPG (2)IMG_3901.JPG (2)IMG_3899.JPG (2)IMG_3854.JPG (2) IMG_3902.JPG (2)IMG_4014.JPG (2)IMG_4015.JPG (2)IMG_4016.JPG (2) IMG_4132.JPG (2) IMG_4136.JPG (2)IMG_4013.JPG (2)IMG_3721.JPG (2)

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. I love this post. Growing up my family went camping in Yellowstone every summer. It's always been one of my favorite places in the entire world, and your pictures make me want to go back sooo much. If only it weren't so far away from where we live now!! And that Instagram shot of Old Faithful was the sweetest! It seems crazy that my husband proposed there almost six years ago. Time flies. Okay, sorry for the long comment! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, where did you grow up?
      It was incredible! I'm so glad I got to go. I'm sure you'll take your kiddies there someday!
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. I'm from Bozeman, Montana. It's about an hour to West Yellowstone from there.

      Delete
  2. can you believe i've never been? sad. i'm dying to go!! beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I had never been either! It was so awesome. You've got to go... and I'm sure you will! I foresee many family trips with little smiling faces in your future! Congratulations again! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Super pretty pictures! I just love it there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariel:) There's no place like it, right?!

      Delete
  4. these pictures are BEAUTIFUL! i want to go to yellowstone RIGHT NOW...

    so glad i found your blog!! your newest follower (:

    happy sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh, these photos are absolutely beautiful! isn't yellowstone incredible!!!! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo incredible, TJ! I loved every minute! xo

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger