the red white and blue

posted on: Sunday, July 8, 2012

IMG_4249.JPG (2)

We acted like true blue Amurricans this Fourth of July. There was a backyard full of friends, human ones and canine ones, a barbecue full of juicy burgers, black bean ones (for me) and big beefy ones (for everyone else), and coolers spilling over with ice cold American brews. We even climbed up onto a rooftop to sit and watch the valley’s colorful firework displays, and if all that wasn’t American enough, Honey and I had to make a quick stop at good ol’ Wally World on our way home. We never go there but somehow it felt oddly appropriate for the occasion.

Now don’t get me wrong, there’s a lot more to being American than BBQ’s, beer and Walmart. Even I know this. And although I sometimes find myself poking fun at American “things”, mostly things like fast food and goofy looking (or acting) politicians, I still feel a deep and genuine pride when I call myself an American. Not to mention an insane amount of gratitude for all of the people who have fought in a myriad of ways for America and for my rights.

I hope you got to admire that grand old flag and proudly wear your red, white and blue too.

xoxo,

Kait

4 comments:

  1. America's the best. Even when it's not. Sounds like you had a lovely 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't THAT the truth, April! Hope your 4th was lovely as well! xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks girlie! Come to Utah and I'll make you some! xo

      Delete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger