A Puuurfect Buddy

posted on: Saturday, November 5, 2011

ON THE FIFTH DAY OF NOVEMBER:


For the record, I have never been a "cat person"...


until I moved into an apartment.

You see, I love animals. So much that I refuse to eat them or anything that comes from them. One day, I was in desperate need of something furry and warm to cuddle with and my boyfriend just wasn't enough. So, I journeyed down to the nearest animal shelter and found just what I needed. This little guy...


Best purchase I've ever made. Really.
Today I'm thankful for my Frankie boy. He was six weeks old when I brought him home and for the first few weeks he was mine, I'd wake up to him cuddling my neck and sucking on my ear lobe (what a weirdo). He was the sweetest baby and has grown into such a funny cat with a very strong personality. He's stubborn, he knows what he wants (and how to whine and get it) and he loves the outdoors. Just like me. 
Sir Franklyn Felix Finnigan McFloyd and I were a match made in animal shelter heaven and I'm so glad that I gave a cat a chance. I love waking up every morning to his purrs and cuddles and can't imagine not having him at the door to greet me at the end of every day. 
I'm grateful for the joy that Frankie has added to my life which makes it so much easier for me to deal with scooping his poop for another 18 years or so. 

1 comments:

  1. He's beautiful!!! We briefly had a kitten that used to suck on my earlobe too. I think they do that when they're so young and need comfort. He definitely loves you then! I can't wait to meet him! BTW, your tile is fantastic! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger