A moment

posted on: Thursday, May 9, 2013

IMG_4974

My work commute, if you can even call it a commute, is one of my favorite moments of each work day. I live on Main AND work on Main so I commute on Main. It’s rather convenient, not to mention THE most lovely walk especially now that the snow has melted and the soil has thawed and the tulips on Temple Square are in full bloom. I find my 5-block commute to be an inspiring piece of my day and a moment I look forward to (unless I’m running late and I beg Sean to drop me off, which happens more than I’d like to admit, but shhhh). It’s an important 15-minutes of peace and quiet and time to be in my own head with my own thoughts. Some people do their thinking on the toilet, and I do my thinking on Main Street (but not to discount toilet thinking because I do happen to know that some of the most brilliant ideas have been birthed while on the toilet. Am I right?)

IMG_4969

IMG_4978

 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. It's always to have some time yourself, even if it is just for a few minutes! Good pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of this moment. I love walking through cities so much. Possibly because I don't have to walk through them, but it just feels so urban and chic, ya know?? "Walking to work on Main St." I mean, you're a full fledged grownup, clearly.

    And yes, toilet thoughts happen often. I may or may not have even thought of tomorrow's post on there (which, as of right now, happens to be related to it.) I mean, probably half of all embarrassing stories have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... oh... oh.. oh... Salt Friggin Lake? You're up the street is all..

    I like where this is leading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i found your blog through jenni @ story of my life. i love reading everyone's "moment" posts! you take gorgeous photos. happy friday. :)

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger