that time we tried to take cute pictures and ended up looking awkward anyway

posted on: Monday, February 11, 2013

IMG_3400IMG_3398IMG_3408
First things first, it was freeeeezing this weekend. Hence the awkward smiles and loads of snow. Believe me, we were just wishing for this impromptu photo-op to be over from the moment it began. But still, even with a mild case of bedhead/hat hair, my Honey is a cutie, isn’t he?
Side story: I’m a tall girl. 5’10” to be exact. I like wearing heels and vowed to someday end up with someone who would still be taller than me with heels on. I found him, all incredible 6 feet and 5 inches of him, and now when I do wear heels we just end up being the two freakishly tall people everywhere we go. End side story.
We won’t be doing anything extravagant this Valentine’s Day. We’re like that. The non-extravagant Valentine’s Day type. He’ll probably wake me up like he does most days with sweet whispers of love and morning breath, and I’ll treat him to two over-easy eggs and a slice of toast. Then he’ll shower, I’ll crawl back into bed for a few minutes and we’ll continue about our day, probably with a few “how’s your day” and “I love you” text messages in between.
I do love Valentine’s Day, don’t get me wrong, it just happens to fall in the middle of the week and we’ll both be working. So we’re postponing until the weekend when we can give each other all our time and devotion, and since we’re all about creative and cheap date ideas, I figured I’d share a few of our favorites just to give this post some sort of meaning…

1. Living room picnics (I love this one. Mostly because it always involves take-out, pajamas and a bottle of wine!)

2. Puzzles (He LOVES puzzles, so I usually take care of the hard jobs like sifting through all 1,000 pieces to pick out the edges and handling the music. You have to have upbeat music when you’re completing puzzles AND a few dance breaks. That’s key.)

3. Drives to the mountains (and then we find a hidden spot and start making out. Kidding. Or am I?)

4. Main Street (We live on Main Street in Downtown Salt Lake City. It’s no NYC, but Main Street sure does have a few hidden gems like Michelangelo's on Main, Beerhive Pub and The Off Broadway Theatre to name a few.)

5. Hiking (Endorphins, fresh air AND true love! There’s just nothing better in my book!)

Happy Valentine’s Week to all you lovebirds!!

1 comments:

  1. HA! I'm 5'10" and my husband is 6'5" ;) I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger