Hawai’i Pt. 5 // Aloha ‘Oe

posted on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013

500

I know what you’re thinking, and I promise, this is my last Hawaii post… from this trip. It was just such a wonderful trip, okay?! I’m not ready to let it go. It was nourishment to my soul and a sweet reminder of the island heritage that I cherish. So see? Wouldn’t you want to hold on to that forever and ever and never stop gazing at all your 1,783 pictures?! I know, me too.

We bid farewell to the beautiful Big Island on the shores of Pu`uhonua O Hōnaunau. During our visit to this historic National Park, we were asked to remain quiet and reverent as we were on very sacred Hawaiian ground, and it was as if we didn’t even need to be told, the site FELT sacred. We quietly walked the grounds soaking in every bit of that paradise as we possibly could. I shed a few tears as I wandered about and quietly hummed the tune to ‘Aloha ‘Oe’ (if you know me, this is NOT weird. If you don’t know me, it totally is and I’m sorry for that). And then, as if I couldn’t be a bigger oddball, I danced right there on the shore of that awe inspiring beach because my heart was full and it just felt right, and I’m all about feelings over here. Like how I’m feeling really really grateful that I was able to share those few unforgettable days in Hawaii with my sweet Mama and my sisters (and Ben too!).

So Aloha ‘oe to that (little) Big Island of Hawai’i. Until we meet again.

314410433453680648669

498412644

516

… and just in case you thought I forgot which Polynesian Islands I actually DO come from, here’s proof that I didn’t. Kia Ora!!

1 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could be laying on the white sand beaches of Hawaii right now! Never apologize for too many posts about one vacation. Especially in the winter people want to live vicariously though photos of those lucky few who get to spend time in the warm sun.

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger