mother lover

posted on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012

IMG_4744.JPG (2)

I often ponder and daydream about motherhood. What my children will be like, or whether or not I’ll let them wear cartoon character t-shirts and sneakers that light up. Will they inherit my quick wit and humor? Ha. And holy diapers! Which ones don’t cause chaffing?!  Will they look like me? Oh no! Will I think they’re beautiful?! Perhaps Honey will be kind enough to let them have his bright baby blues because let’s face it, they’d pair quite nicely with my olive skin tone and dark brown locks. Folks, this is serious. These are real questions that I occasionally lose sleep over.

HOWEVER… even though I don’t know much about my future as a mother, there is one thing I know for sure. I will make a good Mama. I will. You know why? Because I have a good Mama.

I have a Mama who loves being a mother. She cherishes her role and treasures her children, and she makes sure that we know it. I have a playful Mama, one who has been known to organize a few food fights in her day, and one who isn’t afraid to roll around in the grass and get her knees dirty. I have a Mama who laughs. All. Day. Long. And even though we tease her for it, her laugh will always rank among my most favorite sounds in the whole wide universe. I have a happy Mama. One who shines so brightly and shares her light everywhere she goes. I have a kind Mama. A Mama who sees beauty in everyone even when no one else sees it. I have a determined Mama. A Mama who sets goals and aspires to greatness, and then achieves it. I have a beautiful Mama. A Mama that cares for herself and inspires others. The kind of Mama that is so worthy of imitation. The kind of Mama that makes me have to pinch myself every once in a while. The kind of Mama that I hope to be just like one of these days.

So thank you Mama, for being you, the most incredible mother, friend and example. I love you forever and ever.

xo,

Kaitlyn Marie

3 comments:

  1. My precious Kaiti...I don't know what to say - I wept through this! Thank you, my precious daughter! I love you so dearly!
    :) Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to an incredible woman that I have admired for many years. YOU ARE AMAZING kIM. Love you

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger