cookie comfort

posted on: Sunday, May 27, 2012

IMG_4526

It poured rain yesterday morning for an hour or so, which in my world, still constitutes a full-fledged rainy day, and I did what my Mama so faithfully taught me to do on rainy days for as long as I can remember, I baked cookies. Oatmeal chocolate chip ones. Then I lounged on my couch, I finally finished reading, Water for Elephants, I showered sometime around 7:30 PM, and got back into pajamas. Productive? Absolutely not. But it felt oh so good and entirely appropriate for a rainy day.

I’ve been a bit isolated lately. A recluse in my own ways. Not for any reason in particular, sometimes it’s just what I do. Part of my ‘rejuvenating process’ perhaps. It’s space I appreciate and quiet moments with myself that do my soul (and mental state) so much good. I have wonderful adventures and experiences to look forward to in just about every aspect of my life right now, and that excites me, but it also takes my breath away in that kind of ‘oh-my-goodness-i-don’t-even-know-where-to-begin-or-what-to-do-I’m-so-overwhelmed’ kind of way. Most of the time I have to force a step back and take a big deep breather and time for myself. Phew. And then other times a really good lazy rainy day comes along, I bake some chocolate chip cookies and come to find out what I should’ve known all along, that’s all I needed. A good day, soaking up my home, on my couch, and some warm home baked cookies. Battery charged.

2 comments:

  1. baking cookies is definitely productive! haha at least in my book. Looks delish! I love those days at home. Everyone is different, but I definitely need my hermet time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Nothing like soaking up some alone time at home to nurse these dang legs of mine! 3 weeks of C25K thanks to your inspiration! Haha! They hurt, but it's a pain that feels good and it's totally worth the excitement of realizing I CAN run the straight three minutes in week 3. Ha! xo

      Delete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger