Ph.D.'s and Petroglyphs

posted on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My mama, The Superstar, had to venture a few hours south this weekend for an all day recruiting trip job interview at Southern Utah University. You see, this summer, my Mama Bear will become, Mama Bear, Ph.D., which is pretty freakin' cool, right? Anyway, I couldn't imagine letting her go alone, nor could I refuse an opportunity to get ANY closer to the equator, so I went with her. We gabbed the entire way, ate 'hole-in-the-wall Mexican food (because it's always the best), and checked into a cute bed and breakfast (and by cute, I mean semi-creepy in that 'so-creepy-it's-cute' kinda way. ya know?). 
Sooo...
Mom took off to school early the next morning which left me free to wander about all day long. I did what any normal young city girl does when she's all alone in a small town for a day. I grabbed a hatchet, my pepper spray and my iPhone and headed 13 miles northeast to the middle of nowhere in search of ancient petroglyphs. And I found them. (okay, google may or may not have given me a hint or two). Either way, I stumbled upon just another one of the 1,968 reasons I love Utah, and had an awesome day lounging on rocks where ancients have gathered. 
And then...
Mama took the job (yay! woohoo! great work!), which just so happens to mean she's going to live in that small (but kind of awesome) town, which just so happens to be within minutes from some of the greatest national parks and monuments ever, which ultimately means, "BRING IT ON, SUMMER", oh, and, "Mom, please be sure to have a few guest rooms and at least 2 bathrooms."

On a serious note, I am so proud of her. She is extraordinary and I'm just so totally excited for all of the great experiences that are heading her way.







The Man...
... and his spaceship. Duh.

1 comments:

  1. We had a wonderful "adventure" together!!! This is a fun post - you're a fabulous writer, my dear! Love you!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger