tuning up and trimming down?

posted on: Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's currently 19 degrees outside. No, that is not a joke.
I sure wish it was.


Once upon a time, my Nike's and I were two peas in a pod. This resulted in rockin' abs and some serious glutes. Then I switched over to Asics, and as a runner, this meant serious business. But I guess the pressure of real running shoes got to me because now, a few seasons later, my Asics are looking shiny and new when they should be tattered and torn.


Okay fine, I've just been totally lazy. For months. 
I don't know how this has happened or where the time has gone.


My rockin' abs are not so rockin' anymore and who said something about serious glutes? Not me.
So, I've got to get a head start on my New Year's Resolutions. These Asics are about to get 'tore up from the floor up'. In a good way. Now we're talkin' business.


Bring it on, 19 degrees. Nothing is going to get in this [slow] runner's way (but does anyone have a thermal body suit I could borrow?).
Oh, geeze. Wish me luck. I need it...


...because the frigid cold isn't the only thing standing in my way...




My inner domestic Goddess has been busy in the kitchen this week and Honey's been busy cleaning up all of "her" crazy messes.


You'd think "she'd" be a bit more supportive of the reunion with my running shoes, but whatever, it is the holidays, and I can't deny myself the things I love most about the holidays- food. Figures.


So, here's to 'running to eat'. No run is impossible when I'm visualizing banana bread at my finish line.


xo,
Kait





1 comments:

  1. Aw, you'll do great- good luck! And all that delicious looking food is great motivation :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger