Oakley, Idaho

posted on: Monday, November 14, 2011

ON THE FOURTEENTH DAY OF NOVEMBER:


I lost my last two living grandparents this year, can you believe it? My Papa on my dad's side passed early this year in Samoa, and my Nana on my mom's side passed away this June. It's a somber thought realizing that they have moved on but it also has allowed a lot of reflection about who I am and where I come from. 
My nana lived in her family home in Oakley, Idaho, the same beautiful Victorian home her grandfather (my great-great-grandfather!) built in 1896. It was a home because Nana lived there and there's just no place like Nanas' houses, right? It was also a home because of it's history and our literal connection to the generations who had made it their home many times before. I have shared so many sweet moments at Nana's house and today, I'm thankful for Oakley.
I'm thankful for my times spent in Oakley, for sweet memories and friends that have been made and for all that I've learned about my ancestors and others who have come before me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger