Sweet Peace

posted on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This morning, my family and I sat at Nana’s bedside as she took her last breath. Always a lady, Nana left gracefully and beautifully. I hope I never forget that sweet moment. Just as it was a privilege to be at her side so often over the last few months, it was a privilege to be with her as she moved on. The feeling in the room was incredible; such a peaceful feeling of love. So much love. I cannot deny the presence of divinity in my mother’s home today.

I bought myself a recordable storybook this last Christmas and Nana recorded herself reading it. Tonight, I got it out, and listened to Nana read to me. I felt the same precious feeling of peacefulness again. 

“I love you round and round the world.
I love you through and through.
And when it seems impossible
to love you more… I do.”

I still feel close to her.
I have 508 emails from Nana in my ‘Nana Folder’. She sure was email savvy. I plan on reading each and every one of them. Perhaps I’ll blog a few (she had a thing for inspirational forwards).

She’s still with us. She lives on in her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and all those who loved her. We share her eyes, her nose, her hands, her smile, her traits and her love. I’m forever grateful to have had her for so long; my sweet Nana.

Lovingly,

Kaitlyn Marie

2 comments:

  1. & we share her gift of tears.
    I love you sister, Im glad I was able to share such a sweet experience with the ones I love most.
    XO

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger