Thirty Before Thirty

posted on: Monday, February 17, 2014

Part of the reason I’ve been m.i.a. from this blog for so long is because I didn’t actually know how long it’d been. You see, as we grow up, nobody really prepares us for the fact that time as an adult moves at a completely different pace than time as a child. Like whoa! One minute it’s August and a couple turkeys later it’s the middle of February and I’m freezing. It just won’t slow down. And as a result, I’m “getting older”. You know, the kind of older where it’s finally time to begin coloring my virgin locks because no matter the age of my heart, the colonies of grey hairs that have claimed a New World on my scalp are certainly rubbing reality in.

It’s not alllll bad of course. I mean, I’m getting married and welcoming the next chapters of my life. And I’m excited about it. Plus let’s be honest, my youth was a wild fun one. No major regrets or injuries. That I can remember. (Kidding, Mom)

So to commemorate my twenties I’ve come up with a list of things that I’d like to accomplish before I turn thirty. Which is in approximately 20 months, so you know, these are DO-ABLE things. And since do-able doesn’t always mean they’ll get done, I’d like to reserve my right to a “roll-over plan”. So like, if 30 comes more quickly than expected (which it probably will, ohemgee), I reserve the right to roll any incomplete tasks over to my ‘35 Before 35’ list. Because what is life without a bunch o’ lists, right?!

30 Before 30 copy 2

                  1. Learn calligraphy
                  2. Get scuba diving certified
                  3. Go on a vacation alone
                  4. Be debt-free!
                  5. NYC
                  6. Hike to Kolob Arch
                  7. Read 30 books
                  8. New Zealand
                  9. Get a piano
                  10. Make homemade pasta
                  11. Drive-Inn Movie (Sean has NEVER been to a drive-inn. Should MY feelings be hurt?)
                  12. Get a new tattoo
                  13. Audition for a production
                  14. Chop my hair
                  15. Write a song
                  16. Perfect the homemade churro
                  17. Paint a picture
                  18. Quit my job for something better
                  19. Take a dance class
                  20. Visit my out-of-town friends
                  21. Go on a cruise
                  22. Buy a better camera
                  23. Minimize More!
                  24. Go on a backpacking trip
                  25. Hawai’i with Sean
                  26. A vacation with my family
                  27. Get healthy. Really healthy.
                  28. Save $1,000 to spend on myself on my 30th birthday  

3 comments:

  1. First of all - good golly I missed you! Second - fabulous list. I may or may not copy this blog post prompt as I am turning 29 in a few short months myself - therefore only giving me approx. 30 months til I'm 30. Holy crap, that's freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog Kaitlyn! When you have perfected the homemade churro will you send your recipe my way?? and I will do the same for you, if I ever find that perfect recipe! In the meantime, make your way down to Hillcrest in San Diego and go to D Bar.. Best churros i've ever had!

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger