Hawai’i Pt. 3 // The time we drank from Akaka Falls

posted on: Sunday, February 3, 2013

I have this ‘thing’ with Mother Nature. I guess you could call it a love affair since Honey’s okay with that. When the sun is shining bright (and the temperature is above 60 degrees Fahrenheit) nothing can keep me locked indoors. Okay, except maybe season 5 of Sons of Anarchy, or season 50 (I’ve lost count) of Grey’s, but that’s for a different conversation because, oh yea, we’re talking about Hawai’i here!

Anyway, on this particular Hawaiian day, the sun was shining bright, the temperature was somewhere between 75-81 degrees and there was hardly a cloud in the sky, which surely we’d all agree is just the right recipe for a PERFECT day. And perfect it was! If you’ve ever dreamed of driving through real Hawaiian country (click HERE to see the route we took), I suggest you get your pretty little self a plane ticket right this instant. It. Was. Divine. Perfectly perfect (which is way better than perfect) and absolutely THE MOST beautiful, or so we thought, until 2 hours into our perfectly perfect drive from the Leeward Side to the Windward Side when we fell upon Akaka Falls State Park and ‘absolutely THE MOST beautiful’ turned into ‘absolutely-positively THE MOST incredibly-wowza beautiful’. Now believe you me when I tell you that my breath was literally taken away. Like that lovely little island just up and punched me right in the lungs. How all of this beauty can reside on one small island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean is beyond me, but it does! It really exists! And it’s beautiful! And breathtaking! And unbelievable! And amazing! And, oh my goodness, enough with my crazy buffoonery, just see for yourself!

175189190192199200203209214221216223224234235252256258263

6636d7dc680311e2816b22000a9f17df_7

 

You’re Welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Incredible Pictures :) and that last one haha that's totally something i would do ;)

    Emily @ hopefulwandering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an photo opportunity that I just couldn't pass up!

      Delete
  2. such pretty pictures/blog! haha especially that last photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shayla! That last photo is a real gem ;-)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I think it would be hard to take a bad photo there, especially of the waterfall.

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger