Hawai’i: Pt. 1

posted on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Perhaps it’s the single digit temperatures and shameful weather we’ve been experiencing here in Salt Lake City that made me cry real big tears this week when I had to bid ‘Aloha’ (it means goodbye too, peeps) to the big island of Hawai’i. Real tears. The kind of tears that make your heart break and your face turn red and contort into all sorts of hideous shapes. You know the kind of tears I’m talking about.

I spent a blissful week in the purest of paradises, and because I’m a true island girl at heart and by birthright (thanks Dad!), I felt right at home. Needless to say, my heart’s home obviously has very little to do with frozen slush and puffy jacket’s and ears that get so freakin’ cold they almost fall right off your head and shatter into a million pieces. No. My heart wears hibiscus flowers and flip-flops and resides, for most of the year, somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean on the islands of my ancestors. What can I say? I can’t help it. It’s in my blood.

Brace yourselves. I’ve been lost to the blogging world, but I’m back! (you were worried, right?) And you’re about to get days and days and more days of endless Hawai’i posts. I’m just not ready to let go yet.

Aloha ‘oe!

018   039 170

  IMG_2342IMG_2323IMG_2458   IMG_2429 IMG_2397 IMG_2375IMG_2352IMG_2353IMG_2485032  IMG_2355 IMG_2386019IMG_2495

1 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR POST!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE HAWAII TOO!!

    THANK YOU for sharing those beautiful pics of you and the family and Hawaii!!

    Love You!

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger