s’more please.

posted on: Thursday, July 26, 2012

I like to think of myself as a lady. I may act like a man sometimes, but really, I’m a lady, I mean you knew that right? I’m that kind of lady who knows how to mind her manners just as well as she’s able to ‘nevermind’ them. I know when it’s appropriate to sailor curse and when it’s time to leave those ‘bombs’ in the purse, I know you know what I mean. I’m the kind of lady that delights in fresh bed linens and hot showers and lavender moisturizer, but I’m also a lady who’s able to deeply appreciate the smell of a bonfire and enjoy the comfort of a lop-sided air mattress under the stars. And air mattress luxury is exactly what this lady got to enjoy all weekend long.

We just returned from Flaming Gorge, UT where we spent the long weekend on a boat and a raft and in a tent. And it was divine. I turned my phone off (for most of it) so I could just revel in the silence. A silence that lasted only until I jumped off a 1,000 ft. cliff (give or take) and gave into my brain piercing screams. My ears are still ringing. And don’t worry Mom, I wore my lifejacket. But the fall, even if it may or may have not taken me twenty minutes to get to the edge of the cliff, was totally worth the adrenaline rush. How’s that for makin’ ya feel alive!? And I forgot to mention that it’d all be happening, didn’t I? Well, you probably just thought I was m.i.a. for a week because I had nothing interesting to say. Which is true. I had nothing interesting to say. I still don’t. Probably won’t, ever.

So enjoy some pictures and happy week. xo

IMG_4612.JPG (2)IMG_4678.JPG (2)IMG_4674.JPG (2) IMG_4675.JPG (2)IMG_4619.JPG (2)IMG_4648.JPG (2) IMG_4611.JPG (2)IMG_4529.JPG (2)IMG_4610.JPG (2) IMG_4545.JPG (2)IMG_4488.JPG (2) IMG_4563.JPG (2)

5 comments:

  1. aw that looks like SO much fun! I cannot believe that man jumped off head first! how scary!

    i can totally relate to the lady, not lady thing. I am mostly a lady, but i know when to let loose and go with the flow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's crazy. Outright nuts. That's my Honey for ya. Life is just more fun when you know how to let loose, right?! xo

      Delete
  2. That first picture is breathtaking. The blue and green is so gorgeous. You seriously have me longing for a good camping trip! And LOL about this: "I had nothing interesting to say. I still don’t. Probably won’t, ever." I feel that way this week when I think about sitting down to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there! I just had to comment to let you know you have a cool name. :) [this isn't spam, I promise]

    also, the scenery in these pictures is GORGEOUS. looks like you had a good time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so great (minus the crazy cliff jumping! EEP!). I want a weeklong lake vacation!

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger