A Song to Sing

posted on: Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ON THE EIGHTH DAY OF NOVEMBER:

There is nothing coming from me today but grunts, moans and whines. That's right, I'm sick. My normally healthy and functional body has lost the battle and that loss has resulted in swollen lymph nodes and a case of the coughs. The only people happy about this unfortunate tragedy are my neighbors. Today their walls have not rattled with showtunes and Christmas music which usually happens to be blaring from my stereo, and I most definitely won't be showcasing my musical theater belting techniques to the pedestrians walking past my patio.
Now before you go on judging me you must know, I come from an incredibly musically talented family, on both sides. This doesn't necessarily mean that I too have been blessed with incredible musical talents, but I can carry a tune and *blushing* I have participated in a few years worth of vocal training. My mother is an amazing singer and growing up, her sweet voice could be heard resonating throughout our home most hours of the day. I grew up on Rodgers and Hammerstein, Disney, Broadway's Bests, and all of the classical classics and I wouldn't have it any other way. Today, I'm so thankful for music.


I'm thankful for being brought up in a home full of music. I'm thankful for a family who cherishes it as a gift. I'm thankful for the moments when my heart has been touched by song, my tears have been shed to tunes and my belly has chuckled from lyrics, and I'm especially thankful for the sore hands and fingertips that I've experienced as a result of making love to my piano and guitars. Music continues to light up my life and I sure don't ever plan on tiring of those tunes. 
That being said, sorry neighbors. Naptime is over, Dayquil is downed and my volume is going up.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're better by now and that the stereo is bumping again! I love that you have so many great pictures to showcase on your blog! You are so beautiful! After Xmas light in SLC we need to do a karaoke night to showcase our family's talent!!!! :) Gairyn and Lyndsey can be designated drivers! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Let's do it! I've been trying to find my PERFECT karaoke song!

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger