Mama Bear

posted on: Tuesday, November 29, 2011
























Dear Mom,
I was hoping that by now I would've diligently kept up with my Thirty Days and Thirty Thanks posts, but sadly, I am a procrastinator and I've fallen behind (no, I know, I did NOT inherit such a trait from you).
Here's the thing...
I'm really really thankful for so many things. I'm truly thankful for all that I have, and even things I don't have but maybe dream of having. You taught me to be that way. A thankful dreamer.
In fact, you've taught me the most about gratitude, which is why I wanted to save you for last.
You're a strong mama, Mama (hehe). No but really. You have been a constant light in my life, always there to teach me, through your example, to embrace all that I have and "create my own happiness". Even in your darkest hours, you never cursed the heavens for what you didn't have, you've always turned to them to strengthen you and remind you of the blessings that you do have.
You are my greatest example of achievement and have shown me that through hard work and dedication, you CAN have the good things in life that you want, while still remaining a person who lovingly gives and gives.


I'm so thankful for you.
I'm thankful that you've always taught me the importance of gratitude and the words, "Thank you".
I'm thankful that you're thankful for your 'smile wrinkles' (which I promise, no one notices, it's just that you always talk about how you like them). It's nice to have a mama who's always smiling.
I'm thankful that you showed me how to dream. Dream books/boards are still my fave.
I'm thankful for the memories we've made 'giving back'. I really think it feels best to be on the 'giving' side of things... not that the 'receiving' side is too bad either.
I'm thankful for your strength. Strength to overcome, strength to move forward, strength to stay positive and strength to believe... the list could go on and on.
I'm just really so thankful for you. Not to mention, you're the one who gave me life. I'm pretty thankful for that too.


I love you, Mom. You continue to amaze me each day just by being you. Thanks for that.


Forever Yours,
Kaitlyn Marie

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger