fortunate me, i live in the land of the free

posted on: Friday, November 11, 2011

ON THE ELEVENTH DAY OF NOVEMBER:


Okay, like every other American out there, sometimes I curse the land, or rather the people that run the land that I live on. Don't worry, I'm not going to protest on capitol hill anytime soon, but no government is perfect or gets everything right. Even so, I am one lucky girl and I live in one lucky place. The land of the free. I'm truly grateful for the life that I live and for living in a place that allows me to be who I want to be and go where I want to go. I wouldn't have any of the freedoms that I enjoy today without the past and present men and women who have fought for their freedom, and mine too. Today, on this beautiful Veteran's Day, I am thankful for the servicemen and service women who have and continue to risk their lives for my freedom.


And today, as I think about our veterans, I'll especially be thinking of my uncle Daniel and my cousin Dallin, two honorable servicemen and great examples of courage.


1 comments:





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger