Rockin' and Runnin'

posted on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'd be lying if I told you that running is an enjoyable experience right from the moment my Nike's hit the pavement. It's not. The first 10-20 minutes are usually miserable and I literally have to envision myself running towards my very own imaginary medical marijuana card just to force myself to keep going. In my attempts to make those first few moments a bit more bearable, I've been experimenting with different playlists on my ipod, searching for one that will aid in "getting my mind right" during that first part of my long runs. I've tried everyone from Michael Buble to Lil Wayne, but it hasn't been until recently that I've found the winner and my partner on the pavement. It's no surprise that the best "pick me up" playlist, the one that really gets my heart going and my legs cruising, happens to be my cousin Curtis' band, Vayden.





So, Vayden, thanks for keeping me on my feet and pumping me up. As long as you're pulsating through my headphones, I may have a chance at making it through this marathon... alive. Oh, and if you ever find yourself doing a show up this way, you can be assured that my Nike's and I will be there.




Kindly,
Kait


You can listen to more of Vayden here, you can join them here, and you can learn about them here. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger