Dreaming of 70 Degrees

posted on: Monday, June 10, 2013

wheelphoto

We’ve finally hit summer temperatures here in the Beehive State. 100 degrees today, and as much as I complain about our frigid winters, I forget how welcomed those winters are when every inch of my skin starts sticking to every chair I sit in. Or when I start sweating in places one never should sweat. Which is exactly what happened to me all weekend long. It was an uncomfortable weekend to say the least. Uncomfortable in the sense that not only was it hot, but I could not shake this funk I was/am in. It was one of those weekends I probably should’ve just slept through. And poor Sean. How that man puts up with me, I do not know. But he deserves a medal. A big, shiny, gold medal.

Despite the discomfort, I still tried. We spent part of Saturday at Lagoon Amusement Park compliments of Sean’s work. We rode our favorite rides, mine being the swings which, for the record, I could comfortably fall asleep in, and now we can cross stinky sweaty Lagoon off of our annual ‘Summer Must Do’ list. Do you know how many times we’ve been to that place in the last two years?! A lot. We got ourselves Season Passports two summers ago and we used those bad boys up, because these are the types of things you do as an adult before you have children, didn’t you know? You get season passes to your local amusement park and you act like tweens running around the place all summer long. I’ll never regret doing that. Saturday’s scene of screaming babies and toddler’s on leashes confirmed the fact that I’m happy to get all of my amusement park fun out of the way before the babies. Because that place plus babies, no thanks. My children will have their amusement park fun someday. When they’re old enough to take themselves, of course.

6 comments:

  1. I realized this riiiight after getting pregnant. I still haven't been to an amusement park with Peyton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I couldn't cope with 100 degrees very well either. Its about 75 - 80 degrees in Irvine, CA and very pleasant. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! Miss you and love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have Lagoon season passes and sometimes I wonder what in the world was I thinking?!?! Ahhh Lagoon, curse you & all your crazy people that attend! (myself included) Love to see the gorgeous pics of places in Utah I LOVE. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! Summer has gone into full effect here this week in OKC. It is HOT. Thanks for sharing. Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just commented and am now realizing you're in Utah too. Fun! I haven't been to Lagoon even once since our first baby was born. Unless it's Disneyland it just isn't worth it with kids (for me) :/ .

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger