early morning rambles about grown-up stuff like productivity and organization

posted on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013

frankThis morning. I abruptly woke (at 5:50 a.m.) to “CRASH! BANG! MEEEEEOWWW!!”, except it wasn’t so much a ‘meow’ as it was a ‘HISSS’ followed by a disgruntled “THAT DAMN CAT POUNCED ME!” to which I couldn’t help but giggle just a little because, what an odd way to wake up, right? Anyway, hello Tuesday.

I’m trying this new thing out. You may have heard of it. Some of you might even be familiar with it on a first name basis. It’s called, wait for it… waking up early. I know, I know, it’s totally ludacris, but I hear it’s good for you and there are a few benefits I might be able to squeeze out of it. For example, it’s 9:00 a.m. now and I’ve already been up for 3 whole hours. I’m fed, I’m showered, my bed is made and my clothes are even ironed. Who am I? I’m a goal-makin’, dream acheivin’ machine, that’s who I am!

Okay really though, I’m just trying to make the most of my days. Those days, with their tiny little wings that take-off and fly right on by, you know what I mean, right? Those days happen, and at the end of them, I often find myself curled right back up where I began, surrounded by the same laundry on the floor and dishes in the sink, and I scratch my head and wonder, "what on Earth did I actually do today?" The answer is usually something like, "well I worked hard at work", and as productive as that MAY sound, it's a terrible excuse for not working hard at home. My sanctuary. My little teeny, tiny, realllly old piece of urban heaven. It's the most important place in my life. Hence my renewed burning intention to bump it up a few notches on my priority list and work hard at home.

So I’ve been working on a small project. And it includes waking up early to get a good productive start on my day. It's like an 'Organize my Life’ kind of project, except that’s not what I’m going to call it. I don’t know what I’m going to call it yet. It’s a grand project that involves making all of my time during these days that fly right on by way more efficient. Who would’ve thought that waking up early could actually free up more time at the end of the day?! Okay, maybe I’m the only one that’s just getting that, but better late than never, right? Wait. No. Better early. I’m still catching on.

Once I get the hang of it, I’ll clue you in on my little project. I’ll even share it with you so we can all own our lives together and stuff. But for now, pounce on me with some positive, “You go girl!,” kind of vibes, would you please? I need a catnap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger