You Can Count On Me Like 1, 2, 3...

posted on: Thursday, June 2, 2011

After weeks of waking up to text messages, from Lyndsey, reminding me of the days left until the Bruno Mars concert, the day finally arrived. I really was excited, partially because I know every word to his album (big surprise, right?), but mostly because my sisters and I had planned this "Sister Date Night" for months.


And so it arrived, and we did too... like six hours early.


Apparently we were among only a handful of people as enthusiastic about this event as we were, so we decided to leave and treat ourselves to some good Spag Fac before heading back to wait in line.


After our carb overload, we headed back to find that the small crowd of people had grown significantly larger. I've been to a good amount of concerts in my life, most of them with my best friend, Laura, who happens to be the ultimate concert queen. Having learned from the best, we slithered our way up to the front part of the line, where our handful of enthusiastic friends were. We waited, and waited, and waited some more. Finally the doors opened and we raced to the front of the stage... no really...



See? We really were one of the firsts on the floor. We had hit the jackpot, or so we thought...

Note to self: My days at the front of the stage are over (Unless I'm on the stage, of course).

Everyone there, except for myself, was under 21 and totally obnoxious. We made it through the first act before I decided to exit the crowd, mostly because I feared what I would do to those around me if I continued to be pushed, shoved and groped. So we exited and met Jacks and Lou in some comfortable (and bright) assigned seats. 


We watched Janelle Monae from above and I was pretty entertained by her, but by the time Bruno came on, we couldn't keep our dancing feet still and had to get closer. We dared to venture back onto the general admission floor and found ourselves a sweet little dancing area back and center, which in my opinion kicks front and center's butt.








We danced our hearts out and we had SO MUCH FUN! Seriously. We belted every word and moved to every beat. I knew it was going to be a fun night, but I wasn't prepared for such an awesome overdose of excitement. I really have the best sisters in the world and I am so grateful for them and all the fun that seems to follow us.

Now I can't wait until Justin Bieber comes to town.... 


Kait



0 comments:

Post a Comment





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger