My Lot In Life

posted on: Thursday, May 16, 2013

slc

The real double rainbow that set across Salt Lake City yesterday via The Salt Lake Tribune

As I’ve read through the beautiful and touching posts from today’s challenge prompt about our “lots” in life, one universal truth seems to be very clear and so embraced by many of us: our greatest lots in life seem to also be our greatest blessings in life.

I have a lot in life. But I’m not going to focus on what my lot is because my lot is not what’s important. How I experience my lot and grow from it is what is important.

Without our lots, and the lots of others, we wouldn’t know the struggle, the pain and the exhausting yet exhilarating fight of enduring to the end. And without that fight, how are we to know the sweetness of success, the loving warmth of acceptance and the brilliant illumination of the sun after the dreadful storm? Our lots forge and shape us into the strong individuals that we are. They teach us invaluable lessons and ignite the fire of perseverance within us. Our lots may break us, but they are meant to. Because after the break, begins the mending, the strengthening, the teaching, the clarity and the life-shaping experiences and isn’t that what this is all about?

I have a lot in life. We all do. I have a lot. A lot of love, and joy, and peace, and contentment. A lot of support, and hope and determination to cherish the days that I’m blessed to wake up to and the moments I’m fortunate to share with the people I love. I have a lot of gratitude and humility and wisdom. And no matter the nature of any given lot that I have and have yet to endure, I know without a doubt that my lots will continue to encourage me to fight and carry on.

And that is truly a great blessing.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful perspective! I've heard it said recently even, and it's so true that without the bad you can't truly appreciate what's good in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your perspective on this! Powerful... "Our lots may break us, but they are meant to. Because after the break, begins the mending, the strengthening, the teaching, the clarity and the life-shaping experiences and isn’t that what this is all about?" I love the way you put this. I believe this to be sooooo true. Thank you for writing and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post...you are so right that we learn for things that happen and it only makes us stronger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, powerful. I loved what you wrote about our lots breaking us and the reasons for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This should be published!!! You're amazing, my daughter!
    :)

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger