A Picture & This Weekend

posted on: Friday, May 17, 2013

girls

Sissy’s last day as an unmarried woman on the beaches of San Diego

This weekend. Ahh! I’m so excited about this weekend.

Today’s prompt is to share a favorite picture of yourself. Now I know this isn’t a picture of JUST myself, but it is a picture of myself and six others who make up who I am. My very very best friends. You see, we’re a lucky group up there. Many of us have been friends since Elementary School, 4th grade in Ms. Hamilton’s class to be exact, and the rest since Jr. High School, which means we’re going on up to 20 years of friendship this group and I. Amazing, right? I know, we haven’t killed each other in 20 years and it’s totally amazing.

These days getting all 7 of us together is not quite as easy or often as it once was. We’ve begun to grow and move on, some have started families of their own and other’s have moved to bigger and better places, but this weekend, oh this sweet weekend we get to be together again and I’m so excited I could cry. Because you see, these girls, they know me. They know I’m ridiculous and emotional and sometimes totally inappropriate and they love me. And I love them. And did I mention I am so so so excited for this weekend? Let the debauchery and good times begin!

 

 

7 comments:

  1. What a great group of friends to stay together that long!!

    Have a blast this weekend. I'm sure it will be party all the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic time this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo.
    How wonderful that you have all been friends for so long, that is true friendship. I hope you have a great weekend together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those friendships are so special! I have a few that are going on 17 years and I love that they are still in my life. :)

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I love this beautiful weekend of yours.

    Have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous group of gals!! Lovely indeed! New follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely photo, you all look gorgeous and very happy!

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger