Hires Big H

posted on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013

photorevisedphoto (1)
I’ve been coming to Hires since, oh I don’t know, since I was 10 at least. It’s actually quite dear to my heart, this little burger joint, and it’s not because it’s dear to everyone in Salt Lake City because it’s been here since 1959. It’s dear to me because it takes me back to sweet memories of Jr. High School showchoir performances, and childhood crushes and warm summer nights and the first time I held baby Ian. It’s just one of those places, the kind that I’ll never stop going to even if it fails miserably at sanitary checks. Okay, maybe then I’ll stop, but so far the sanitation is just fine, don’t worry!
Hires is just comfort food, and it’s goooooood comfort food at that. Try ANY of the famous and/or specialty H’s (veggie H’s if you’re me!) and try to tell me I’m wrong. Those buns! Oh those buns! That’s all I’m going to say. If you reeeally want to experience the Heaven that is Hires, get yourself some fries and fry sauce (you can even buy some to go!) and wash it all down with a Cherry Limeade (or an ice cold root beer if you’re Sean) and thank me later. Oh! And if you want to take a step back in time, or if you’re just lazy like I am, opt for the carhop service. The girls don’t come out in rollerskates but, hey Hires! that’s a great idea!
photo (3)photo (4)photo (7)revisedphoto (2)revisedphoto (8)revisedphoto (5)

2 comments:

  1. I just had a veggie burger today. I was prepping my taste buds for the upcoming comparison.

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger