A Day In The Life

posted on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I can assure you that you don’t care what my everyday looks like. But since Jenni chose this prompt on a weekday (booooring) I’m just going to tell you quickly and get on with it.

photo

My desk is terribly messy all the time, kind of like my bedroom sans the handgun.

I work in a criminal defense law office. Now before you gasp and tell me I’m a terrible person for being on the criminal’s side, this is America people. Our justice system allows for people charged with crimes to be defended. That’s just the way it goes. So the next time your husband is peeing in the backyard and gets a ticket for lewdness, call our office.

The truth is, somedays are pretty exciting. And the days that aren’t are usually spent at my desk looking up all my friends’ speeding tickets and various other crimes and then calling them to let them know what I found, so I make each day exciting no matter what. My job in one word is, “paperwork”. We just kill trees over here for a living (I’m not proud of that, I promise, but it’s true). Aside from that, I’m not going to get into the nitty gritty of what I do. Mostly because I’ll bore you to death but also because I fear my boss is going to someday happen upon this blog and fire me. Kidding. He doesn’t even know how to copy and paste.

After work today, I’ll go home, I’ll go run, I’ll make dinner (cereal sounds good) and I’ll catch up on Revenge because I’m behind and something big happened on Sunday. I swear if they killed off Daniel, I’m boycotting.

But see what I mean? Nothing exciting to see here, I just had to participate because I’m halfway through this freaking blogging challenge and I’ll be damned if I miss another day. (I’ve missed one day. But I’ll make up for it somehow. You can’t wait, I’m sure).

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds fascinating and juicy and down and dirty, that job of yours. Minus the paperwork of course.

    And tonight is Nashville my friend. NASHVILLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hell. Bru just asked me if I watched Nashville. I had no idea what a loser I am for not watching it.

    Anyways. about your job. thrilling. about your messy room? soul mates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your job sounds really interesting and somehow... familiar....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kaitlyn, I'm your newest follower! Your blog is really funny, I love how you mention your boss being useless ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love randomly finding great new blogs through the challenge... following you back :) Also, love Revenge.

    ReplyDelete





Downtown on Main All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger